It is quite difficult for kids to drink milk nowadays, isn’t it? Thank god for the food processor with the help of which we can now find delicious alternatives than regular milk to make a children strong and healthy. One of the best alternative which is a favorite for both adults and kids is almond milk, which is a combination of both health and taste. Purchasing almond milk from stores is easy, but it is filled with preservatives and sugar which does not do good to the health of the people drinking it. It is the best option if you can prepare almond milk at home, which will be free of preservatives and other harmful ingredients. All you need to do is to get hold of a good quality food processor so that it can make your time in the kitchen less by preparing this drink within seconds.
Recipe for Easy and Healthy Homemade Almond Milk
Making almond milk, which is fresh and homemade is not only healthy and delicious, but also is quite economical and unprocessed. The taste is much better than the store packed almond milk and it is quite simple and easy to prepare it anytime, whenever you feel like sitting at your home.
Ingredients needed to prepare this tasty beverage
To prepare almond milk you need to know what are the ingredients you should keep nearby which will be used in the making of this beverage. To make approximately 2 liters of tasty and fresh almond milk you are going to need these ingredients which are as follows:
- Raw almonds, approximately half a kilo without its shell.
- A good quality food processor
- A big bowl where you can strain the almond milk
- A cheesecloth or a mesh bag (if you don’t have a cheese cloth) for the straining purpose for the first time.
- For second training a fine muslin bag or a mesh coffee cone, which is wired and can be reusable
- A 2 liter jug so that you can store it in the fridge.
- A little bit of salt is optional as well as a sweetener for the taste.
Step by step preparation of almond milk made at home
- The first step is to measure the amount of almond you need to make this drink and to soak it beforehand. Always remember to get the measurement correctly that is in each cup of raw almonds taken out of the cells you need to give 3 cups of water. You must soak the almonds overnight with a lot of water so that in the morning you can see them swell up.
- The second step comprises of putting the raw almonds into a food processor with a powerful motor so that the almonds transform into a thick puree form, which is then to be squeezed out using a cheesecloth mesh bag. The result of this puree after being strained should be poured into a bowl. There is no need to add extra water. Always remember to squeeze harder as the more you squeeze, the more creamy textured nutritious almond milk you will get.
- The third step comprises of straining of the almond milk from Step 2 into a coffee cone made of mesh to Filter it. If you find that this training is slowing down, then storing and likely will help with the filtration of it faster. Here is a useful tip-by pressing the almond paste towards the bottom you can extract the creamiest milk easily.
- The step 4 deals with putting the undiluted product into the jug which you want to keep in the refrigerator. You now need to add water in this raw almond milk extract according to your preference, that is, whether you like it thick or thin in texture. Add salt as well as sweetener or sugar according to your choice and refrigerate it for a minimum of 12 hours.
This is one of the easiest ways of preparing almond milk each and every day without trying too hard. With this recipe and a standardized food processor you can make this drink as much as you want without wasting any time.