Air purifiers are a great way to clean the air and make it suitable for breathing. Apart from just making the air pollution free, it also contributes to your health and reduces the unpleasant smell. One such product available it the market is Philips AC2887 Air purifier. It is one of the best product within a reasonable price. Not only for household purposes, it is widely used in offices, libraries and other workplaces.
Technical Specifications of Philips AC2887
Weight and dimensions
The device is of dimension (L×W×H)359 × 240 ×558 mm making it easier to fit in any corner of the room. The weight of the product is 7.7 kg only which makes it easier to carry or move from any part of the room to the other.
A 1.6 m long chord is provided in case you don’t have a plug point nearby. Its coverage area varies from 24 to 41 m². It has a frequency of 50 to 60 Hz. The power consumption is around 11 to 60 W. It runs on a 200 V connection. While cleaning air it produces a bit of a sound depending on the fan speed, ranging from 20.5 to 51 dB(A).
The product is manufactured in abroad. It has Aerasense PM2.5 sensor along with a grade sensing technology which checks the air quality. The five different fan speeds are indicated on a LED panel. The speed gradually increases from Silent, Speed 1, 2, 3 and Turbo. The body of the product is made of plastic and is available in more than one colours.
This high performing air purifier comes with three different modes including auto mode. The clean air delivery rate (CADR)varies from 200 to 334 m³/h. it filters out more than 99% of the PM 2.5 in almost an hour. It also clears more than 99% of the viruses in the air.
The FY2420 AC filter can be replaced separately after several days of use. The HEPA filter (FY2422) can also be replaced and is available in the market separately.
Features of Philips AC2887
- The air quality sensor gives Real-time PM 2.5 measurement and display with professional grade sensing technology
- CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) of formaldehyde is200 m³/h and that of cigarette smoke is 334 m³/h. it may take more time for different cases but gives assurances of clean air.
- The product even gives 100% ozone-free
- The product includes different modes like pollution, allergen and bacteria/virus, auto mode.
- The company gives a 2-year warranty on the product.
- The power consumption may be 60 W but it also has a standby power consumption of less than 0.5 W.
- The packaging includes the separate filters with the purifier, which needs to be assembled and installed.
- Gives ozone free, bacteria free fresh air which improves health.
- Checks and displays the quality of air in the LED panel.
- Has different CADR for different purposes.
- Has different modes including auto to make it easier for everyone to use.
- Has different fan speeds for according to requirements.
- Less than .5 W standby power consumption.
- The filters can be changed separately.
- Covers a room size of 24 to 41 m². In case of offices or other workplaces where the area is more, one machine would not be enough.
- It runs on electricity thus it cannot be used during power cuts.