A Stove is probably the most useful appliance in your kitchen and it can be very dangerous if safety precautions are ignored. Best gas stove in India is Prestige Marvel Glass Gas Table, 4 burners. If you are not careful enough, then your stove can be a reason for an accident which can be very dangerous. To avoid injuries and possible accidents, you must always be very cautious while operating your stove.
General Precautions While Using Gas Stove
Some safety precautions do not depend on what type of stove you are using, it must always be pursued in order to keep yourself and your loved ones safe.
- While you are cooking, you must make sure that the handles of the cookware that you are using is not sticking out over the perimeter of the stove as small kids can try to grab them and can injure themselves seriously in the process.
- It is not ideal to use water while an accident, using a fire extinguisher is definitely a better option so if possible, then keep an extinguisher in the kitchen.
- Do not let your children play in the kitchen, if they wish to cook a dish, then it must be under adult supervision.
- You must always use the handles or holders to handle cookware as you may get burned if the temperature of the cookware’s metal is high. You must not also use leave metal spoons over the cookware after stirring food as it is possible that they will heat up fast and will injure you when you touch them the next time.
- Using flowing clothes or forgetting dish towel around the burners can be a serious problem as they can catch fire very easily.
Take additional care if you are using gas stoves
For palpable reasons, Gas stoves demand extra care and safety measures.
- You must regularly check for any gas leaks and replace any part which seems to be old and rusty. Gas is likely to heat pretty quickly, so you must keep an eye to avoid getting the food spilled over or maybe even putting your pan on fire.
- If you still end up with an accident, do not throw water on the fire, use a fire extinguisher. Must make sure that the gas is not leaking from anywhere, so if you hear a hissing sound or stink gas any time and cannot be sure where it is originating from then quickly turn off your cylinder from the source and leave the house while opening all windows and call the fire department to inspect.
- Make sure you always light up the burner immediately after you turn on the gas as it can cause an explosion if you will wait even for a second or two and if someone is closer to the stove at that time, even small explosion can injure them seriously.
- The flame under the cookware should not extend from the sides of it. Use the right size of the cookware and also adjust the burner accordingly so it does not flare up around the cookware. If your food is spilled over due to over boiling, then it can put out the flame and the gas will still be on and it will increase the chances of an explosion.
- Even if you don’t smell gas but still suffering from headaches, nausea or fatigue symptoms, the reason behind it could be carbon monoxide poisoning, immediately contact the gas company to examine the stove as carbon monoxide is a very dangerous gas which can result in severe damage or even death.
- Make sure your kitchen is properly vented and if possible then also install a carbon monoxide detector in your kitchen. Also always make sure that you turn off the gas cylinder from its source when not in use as gas can easily escape silently and unnoticeably.